RE: Weak Zia Prints and chrysotype

John Melanson (john@audiologic.com)
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:44:55 -0600

> Texte du message écrit par Nze christian
> >solution A : 5% gold chloride solution as for ziatype
> solution B : saturated sodium chloride
> solution C : tartaric acid 12%
> solution D: FAO as for ziatype
> solution E : tin chloride 10%
>
> here I just play on the product to change the color not on the humidity
> for brown black picture: 6A + 2C +2D
> for blue print : 6A + 2B + 2D
> for red to purple :6A +1C+1E+2D<

I am working with gold. I can now make a deeper print that in Pt or Pd.
The problem is with consistency.

I am using NaAuCl4, (NH4)AuCl4, and LiAuCl4. These double salts work much
better (so far) than normal gold chloride. I use about 20% solutions, but
not many drops. I also use Mike Ware's ligand to tame the gold. It helps a
lot.

Are you still active on gold printing?

John Melanson