Re: jobo help

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:33:47 -0400

Mathew,

There's a problem with big films, over 8x10. The Expert Drums are very
different from regular print drums, and I've had trouble trying to use
standard print drums for film on the Jobo. The "ribs" in the drum cause
processing irregularities--in a maddeningly intermittent way.

Because I find I do much better with my 7x17's and 12x20's in trays, at
this piont I also do smaller films the same way to stay in practice. The
Jobo has been stored under my counter for quite a few months without
seeing light of day. But I actually almost enjoy tray processing. So I'm
weird...

You can get an Expert Drum style insert for print drums, but that means
you're processing one sheet at a time. That belongs in the Life Is Too
Short Department.

---Carl