Re: grooves on tubes RE: jobo help

FotoDave@aol.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:26:51 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 10/22/99 3:52:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wallen@boulder.nist.gov writes:

> Another way of formulating the question would be to ask: what is the
> mechanism for the decolorization you talk about?

We actually had a discussion on this a while ago. I speculated (and still
suspect) that it is the sulfite that clears the stain as developer, fixer,
and hypo clear all works.

But the problem for me was, when I used the Jobo drum without the ribs to
process Arista lith film, there were stains on the back and some of the
stains were tough that it did not completely clear after the soak in the
above. Others might not have that problem, but I did.

Dave S