Re: grooves on tubes RE: jobo help

Peter McDonald (Peter.McDonald@afp.gov.au)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:04:00 +1000

Hi all:

I have had quite some trouble removing the anit-halation layer when using Jobo 2800 Series drums on a CPE2+plus. What seems to happen is that the solution (at whatever stage, but I suspect the pre-soak) doesnt't quite get behind all of the ribs, so I am left with a vertical series of purple blotches. A while ago the suggestion was made that re-fixing would remove these blotches; and to some extent it does.

The problem is that I stain using the used PMK directly after fixation; this effectively means that when I re-fix, I am left with some clear blotches rather than purple ones, and re-staining only seems to have a marginal effect.

So the options seem to be to free the sheet film from the sides of the drum, say halfway through fixation, assuming this will allow the blotches to clear, or somehow free the film up halfway through the pre-soak phase (which is difficult as I have to use a daylight changing bag to load my tank).

So what is the answer for me? buying two Expert drums s/hand, but this means a new CPP processor and lift as well. The other cheaper alternative using the Jobo print tanks is to purchase a sheet film insert that somebody on the list mentioned last week - Aus$18-00 +tax. The local distributor is bringing one down on Tuesday, so I will let you know how it goes.

Isn't large format photography such fun?

Cheers

Peter McDonald
Canberra, Australia.

                               WARNING

This email message and any attached files may contain information
that is confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for
use by the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient be advised that you
have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or
attached files is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the
information contained therein. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
InBox.

AFP Web site: http://www.afp.gov.au