Re: Darkroom heaters (off topic)

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:24:15 -0400

David,

The best I've found for your purpose is an electric unit with built-in
thermostat that looks like a small freestanding old-fashioned radiator.
The radiator is actually filled with oil, which stabalizes the heat
compared to a direct electric element. Also of course it hides the
element so there's no light except maybe an illuminated on-off indicator
which can easily be covered with tape. These are available at homeowner
outlets and even K-mart type stores. Last time I bought one it was well
under $100 but that was some time ago. You'll probably need two for a
15' square space.

---Carl