Designing an Alt Photo Work area

Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-Deja.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:37:32 -0700

Hello!

I'm nearing the building of a residence/art studio. I work in many areas of art including, paper making, sculpture as well as conventional darkroon and Alt Photo. I'd appreciate any input on how you'd recommend designing an alt photo area.

I'm not a very good subject for this. In my apartment, I steal corners of bathroom vanities for coating, hanging coated paper on the shower rods. And at school it's not much better. We have a nice photo lab but, not intended for alt. We have 3 large SS sinks, but no dry area to coat, unless a classroom is available.

So, I'd appreciate any personal experience on what you like or don't like about your Alt photo work areas.

Particularly:

Chemical storage
Paper storage
Coated paper drying area