Re: Cheap Dust Remover for large negatives

Wm. J. Clark (wmclark@prairieweb.com)
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:57:01 -0600

The S. C. Johnson & Son company (a USA firm) sells the Pledge brand
~grab-it~ electrostatic dust gathering product. You could learn more at
their WWW site: www.scjbrands.com/

They sell a ~starter~ package including a sweeper (basically a handle
device) and 10 cloths. One can also buy just the cloths in packs of 10 or
20. I found the sweeper/cloth combo for $15.00 US. The 10-pack of cloths
is $2.49 and the 20-pack is $4.00

Procter & Gample Corp. has what looks to be a very similar item they call
the ~Swiffer~ at similar prices.

The grab-it product is truly amazing for cleaning the darkroom floor,
worksurfaces, etc.! Much better than any product which depends on
chemicals, oil, or some such to hold the dust, doggy hairs and other
mysterious items we all have on the darkroom floor.

I don't work for Johnson or own their stock. Thanks to the alert from
others about this product!

Swept-away in Nebraska...

Bill Clark