RE: epson printers

From: Gregg Kemp (Gregg.Kemp@sas.com)
Date: 04/03/00-07:42:50 AM Z

One possible advantage of the Epson 870 and 1270 is that prints made using the Epson papers and inks have been tested and rated by Wilhelm Imaging Research to last up to 26 years. You can read the report at:

        http://www.wilhelm-research.com/2/2.html

I've also read comments from those using these 2 printers that they manage color better (out of the box) than previous Epson printers, and also give great results using all 6 color inks to produce black & white prints. The 1270 prints up to 13 x 19 in size, while the 870 handles 8.5 x 14. Both will print up to 44 inches in length using rolled paper.

I have a 1270 on order, but no personal experience yet. However, you can read others comments at

        http://www.egroups.com/messages/epson-inkjet/ (the archive of the Epson Inkjet list)

        http://x28.deja.com/qs.xp?OP=dnquery.xp&ST=MS&DBS=2&QRY=epson+1270&showsort=date (random comments from various news groups)

        http://www.epson.com/printer/inkjet/sty1270/ (specs on the Epson site)

- Gregg