Re: epson printers

From: Editor - P.O.V. Image Service (editor@p-o-v-image.com)
Date: 04/03/00-08:55:46 AM Z

Nate wrote:

> Has any one heard about new Epson photo printers with "smart" cartridges
> due out soon?

Yup!

They are out..

Better ink archivability...

The smart cartridges tell you how much ink is left...

The downside, these cartridges are NOT refillable...

No third party inks...

> I'm trying to decide between HP and Epson and noticed somewhere
> something about new printers.

If you intend to print photos with them AND want to have access to all kinds
of quadtone, duotone, extra long archival inks, etc... I would go with one
of the Epson 4-color printers.. Their 6 color printers, prior to the newly
introduced models, had problems with the light cyan and
 light magenta inks holding up over time... The new 6 color releases from
Epson are nice but you are limited to their ink offerings...

Keith Krebs

--
{       The views expressed in the preceding are those of the        }
{       author, alone, and  are neither the responsibility of,        }