OS flaming/ Outlook virus

From: Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Date: 04/03/00-10:03:43 PM Z

Thats enough OS flaming.

I know everyone thinks their system is the best (or worst). This is not
the place to discuss this. If people insist on discussing operating
systems I'll have to preach the virtues of linux until everyone is
converted ;)

In light of the recent virus/worm that went through the list I added the
information below to the weekly reminder. If you don't have a good
virus protection system on your computer please get one. If not you will
eventually get a virus - even Macs.

V I R U S E S

Many computer viruses are designed to be distributed by email. Viruses
have and will be distributed through this list. I can not prevent viruses
from being sent through the list. Its inevitable because of the number of
participants and volume of messages sent. I recommend that everyone
subscribed to this list use a good up to date virus protection system.
If your system has a good anti-virus system, you will net get viruses and
you will not spread viruses.

For more information see the following:

Windows/PC users see:
         http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/filters/pcprotection/
Mac users see:
        http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2427832,00.html
Linux/Unix users see:
        http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2428308,00.html

Gord Holtslander
List Manager
Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2