RE: Kodak Azo Paper Question

From: Jonathan Bailey (quryhous@midcoast.com)
Date: 04/05/00-12:34:12 PM Z

Greeting-

Tillman Crane wrote:
> Azo does require a very long exposure time. In my darkroom I have a 300
> watt enlarging bulb 3 feet from the table top, and exposures for Azo often
> require 30 seconds or more exposure directly from this enlarger bulb. I
> have no idea how long it would take under an enlarger.

I have experimented with projection printing Azo with good results. If
memory serves the exposure-times with my cold-light head were several
minutes long. Fortezo is also quite slow and I have negatives which require
times of that length anyway, so I'm more or less accustomed to it. Also, my
negatives don't have the sort of density associated with platinum printing,
and this no doubt helps.

> also Begger is coming out with a contact paper as well in the
> near future..

FWIW - A recent correspondence with a friend in France suggests that Bergger
and Fortezo are one and the same paper - or so the rep's in France are
telling him, as the Fortezo has been temporarily unavailable.... He
contacted me asking if I'd tried the Bergger yet to affirm or refute the
claim (I haven't)....

Best - Jon