Re: liquid light on eggs

From: Ray Rogers (earthsoda@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/06/00-04:08:59 PM Z

I submit to you for your consideration that it may not
be exactly correct to claim that one emulsion is
better than another on the basis of its speed and
contrast...
There are other concerns! Suitability for one's use
for example. D-max is another. There are more. I
notice that you did not answer my question about Ag
plus. I have not tested Ag plus, (I have Liquid Light
and SE-1)
but again I will point out that the same speed is
claimed for both materials. Fast, contrasty emulsions
are not better than a slow, low contrast emulsion...
unless that is what your negatives need.

My point is that high quality should not be confused
with high speed.

Ray Rogers

--- Campos & Davis Photos <photos@campos-davis.co.uk>