Potassium Oxalate( Re: Clearing Pt/Pd prints)

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/06/00-06:09:14 PM Z

John, I use 2 lbs of Potassium Carbonate (mono) and 1.75 lbs Oxalic Acid.
First dissolve the potassium carbonate in about 2 1/2 quarts ( 2500ml) of
water. I use distilled or similar quality here is help keep my product as
clean as possible. Then slowly add the oxalic acid with stirring. It will
bubble quite energetically, as it gives of CO2 and heat. You may consider
doing this outside, but a good lab should handle it just fine. When you have
added enough oxalic acid, the bubbling will stop. Top off to make 1 gal. I
usually add an extra 150 g to the fresh batch to keep it on the acid side.

Ej Neilsen