Re: it's not the topic, off or on.... it's -

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 04/07/00-11:52:49 AM Z

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Editor - P.O.V. Image Service wrote:

> BTW: Judy, you realize by using a Mac and making that error, you are
> helping maintain the public's perception of artists as
> technically/technologically unschooled... LOL

This is a very carefully planned strategy. By fostering that image we see
how smart-ass the "guardians" of proper tech can be, then we sock it to
'em with our superior intelligence, knowledge and critical faculty.

As for the communicative talents of evil service providers (ESPs), well
that's in a class by itself, for instance my P-F service has a line about
"connection closed by foreign forces" or words to that effect. It means
you've logged off.

In the present case, I know that usual e-mail is some 1000 to 3000 of the
units at issue (and I think it is bytes, the "k" appears with the
attachments, apparently kicked up by the power of some zeros). These were
64,000 & 16,500 -- and I was yelled at by the computer... not one of
life's high moments... (Admittedly, I do have some couple dozen e-mails in
the queue waiting to be answered, filed, or rendered obsolete. Doesn't
everybody?)

PS. I think LOL by e-mail means laugh out loud -- around here it means
little old lady -- an EXCELLENT strategy. Oh, it's like taking candy from
a baby ! (Tho don't try that with any Village babies, they'll have Child
Services on you in the blink of an eye.)

best,

Judy