Re: Monitor - off topic definately

From: Campos & Davis Photos (photos@campos-davis.co.uk)
Date: 04/08/00-07:02:14 AM Z

Re: Monitor pixels per inch
Please could someone who really knows clear this up in my mind.
Someone who works for Apple perhaps.
I have always read that PC screens are 72 ppi and Mac screens are 96
ppi.
I have recently read a paper by an person who should know better which
states the opposite. Are they wrong?

Re: International Standard Light.
I am completing my findings on the subject of the "International
Standard Light" which points strongly towards a D50 illumininant, but
the level of illumination and spectral wavelengths to be included or
rather excluded are still to be resolved.
Any further thoughts would be welcome.
The object of the exercise is to provide information for a
photographic charity which judges prints sent in as portfolios.

Cheers
Richard

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road