Re: Kodak Azo Paper Question

From: Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Date: 04/10/00-09:03:53 AM Z

Yes, to tell the truth, that confused me when I started. I can only assume
that AZO grades are drastically different than "modern paper" grades. I also
can't swear if I tried the #0 filter on my condensor head or coldlight head
with CC yellow added.... which could make a rather large difference in
output.

I stated in my last post that I used a 60Watt bulb, opps.... it is a 30Watt
bulb, 36 inches above the desk, and exposure times are 30 to 60 seconds.
Note that this is for my (rather dense) platinum negs. Note also that I
don't develop for the full 2 minutes, only 1:30. I picked up this method
from someone at Calumet (probably the list's John Richardson or Richard
Newman), tried it, it worked. As it was only for proofs, I stopped
experimenting and just enjoyed ;-)

A stronger bulb would make life faster. But, I think mine is the same bulb
I was "instructed" to buy all those years ago. When it dies (perhaps in
another 5 years??) I'll experiment with a 100W bulb. I can probably get
those exposures down to 15 seconds!

--
Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com