Re: colour neg scan

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 04/11/00-11:43:47 AM Z

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 FDanB@aol.com wrote:
> is stored in the "Lightness" channel. If you use Curves on the Lightness
> Channel to fine tune tonality, you don't introduce the weird color shifts
> that can happen in RGB mode. It's really easy once you try it (it has to
> be or I wouldn't use it) and once you have the tonality the way you want
> it, you can convert back to RBG (or CMYK if you were going to press) to
> print your image.

Dan, while reading this I'm wondering if it isn't posited on monitor
*calibration.* I mean would getting image "the way you want it"
necessarily correspond to the way it "comes out" otherwise? And as I
understand it (admittedly never having done it), monitor calibration is an
art in itself.... ?

Judy