Re: Carlton Watkins: collodion, albumen

From: Larry Watson (larry@oreilly.com)
Date: 04/12/00-06:27:20 PM Z

Not being a reenactor, an thus not attached to being historically
correct, I wonder if it's possible to make a wet "plate" negitive
using modern equipment by coating a thin sheet of mylar or
something similar, instead of a glass plate, then loading it in a
standard film loader. The film loader might get a little soggy
after awhile, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. Has
anyone tried something like this?

Larry Watson
O'Reilly & Associates
larry@oreilly.com