Pyro on Litho film

From: Nelson Goforth (ngoforth@earthnet.net)
Date: 04/17/00-09:07:49 PM Z

Has anyone out there tried the Stuart Melvin method for enlarged negatives
using Pyro on litho film, as outlined on the Bostick & Sullivan web site
(specific URL follows)?

I tried tried a version of it by shooting an existing B&W print onto Litho
film using a stat camera, then developing in Pyro. I'd never used Pyro
before, nor even seen it's effect, so the result baffled me, but the shadow
detail and seeming tonal range beat anything else I've seen using Litho
film. An initial test using Kallitype emulsion seemed to work okay - but
it's my first go-round with that as well, so....

Since the various alternative processes work best with specific negative
contrast ranges, what works best with a Pyro negative (Litho, of course)?

Nelson Goforth

See the outline at:
http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/Technical_papers/Stuart%20Melvin's%20Pyro%20Syst
em.html

                      Nelson GOFORTH
Website design, perl scripting, Filemaker Pro, MS Excel Visual Basic
 - computer services and training for the Motion Picture Industry -
www.cfva.com -- www.coloradofilm.org -- CFVA/MPFA Newsletter