Re: lens plate

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/25/00-08:45:58 PM Z

Jean Claude,

Just about two weeks ago I made a lens plate for my Toyo 45A.
I got some sheet aluminum (fairly stiff) from a hardware store.
Cut it to the same size as the commercial one I have with a hacksaw.
Smoothed the edges with a handfile. Then I found the center and
drilled a hole which I enlarged with a file to the correct size
for the lens. I used emery paper to smooth the edges. Finally, I
spray painted both sides with flat black spray paint. It works fine.
It took me a few hours but it was a lot cheaper than a factory
made one which, the last time I checked, was about $35-$45 or
210-240 FF.

Bob Schramm