TRI-X in Rodinal question

From: Vrueh, G.J. de (G.J.de.Vrueh@pve.agro.nl)
Date: 08/01/00-12:53:18 AM Z

Hello out there,

Altough this may not be "the" group to ask this developing question i do it
any way. Partially because on this group at least i get sensible awnsers
from people who know about chemicals and processes.

I want to make some pictures where grain plays an importand role as i think
i ads tooth to the picture. At the same time i want sharpness...lots of it.

I have heard a lot about developing in rodinal. i have also heard about
diluting it to 1:100.
Now this dilution is not in the info sheet of rodinal itself: it says 1:25
or 1:50. I have looked at the massive film dev table and there aso you have
recepys for 1:100. I also hear a lot about adding sodium sulfite. The
reasons for adding this i have heard:-

-against oxidation
-keeps grain smaller
-helps prevent los of film speed

etc etc. is this tru?

Now i see sodium sulfite dropping by in a lots of recepys. and i wonder is
it worth it to add it to rodinal at 1:100 as some recepys say. and what
difference does 20 g/l or 50g/l make. I have had a recepy where it as
stated that you can get problems at high dilutions of rodinalwhen not adding
sodium sulfate.

So i would like some genaral info on this topic or were to get it.

Greetings from the netherlands
Gerard de Vrueh