Re: PRE DEVELOPMENT BLEACHING

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 08/31/00-07:16:55 AM Z

<< I had also tried contrast reduction for litho with Farmer's diluted and
 found results so erratic that I abandoned it. Can you tell us what
 Soermarko's low contrast developed is, and something about it? >>

Hi Joachim,

It is basically a very-low contrast developer. Normally one tries to achieve
low contrast by dilution of the developer, but since lith film is inherently
high-contrast, a normal developer must be higly diluted, which I found to
give me erratic result although others might find it workable.

The Soemarko developer, however, achieve low contrast development not by
dilution (alone) but by lowering the pH of the developer. That is why there
is bisulfite in the developer.

By now you have probably received the email that I posted last night. For
further details and curve comparison with Dektol, D-76, try to get issue #2
of the Journal. On that issue, there are also other articles concerning
developing lith film by Judy and Liam Lawless.

Dave S