Re: Photo Lab Index

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@home.com)
Date: 12/13/00-12:26:09 PM Z

 "Jeffrey D. Mathias"wrote:
> Good information, BUT:
> Just another example of the importance to get this information on the
> internet.
> Not only would this reduce the limitation of those who cannot afford
> access (Is this $72 a quarter to keep up to date?), but it would save
> alot of trees (and other materials).

Good point Jeffrey, yet, this compendium of formulae and info from various
manufacturers must be costly to keep up with. Personally, though costly, I
do think it is worth it IF one is into formulae etc.

I use a copy (not updated either) from the mid 1950's and it is filled
w/formulae, info and stuff I use to chat w/all you fine folk on this
listserve and to also inform my students.
My class, Materials & Methods: a yin yang approach to photography, has been
refined by my reading of this large and bulky manual.

I would advise one to search used book sites like "A Photographer's Place (I
think that's the name) in New York.

There is also a rather large paperback also out of print (ISBN: 0871001853)
and if you go to Amazon.com you can place the ISBN numbers or title and
they'll check their used book network.

Jack