Re: All Gum Show online exhibit

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 12/13/00-02:41:51 PM Z

In a message dated 12/13/00 6:39:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dbaird@flint.umich.edu writes:

<< I believe the traveling portfolio is, without a doubt, the best thing
 going today. >>

Darryl,

Would you consider participating in the round of portfolio? I know that you
have quite a few works ready. :-)

And to others too, I really encourage you to participate. I have seen many
(well, for me I should honestly say *most*) alternative processes for the
first time through the traveling portfolio, and it is so different to be able
to see so closely and even to hold an alternative process. You can't do that
even in a museum.

I sound like I am advertising now, so I should say that there is no financial
gain involved. In fact, there is no fee at all to participate in the
traveling portfolio. Your only cost is to mail the package to the next
participant after you see the portfolio.

I have posted the rules on the Internet. The deadline is 1/15 (to tell me
that you are participating) and 1/22 for final submission.

<< Perhaps I (or we) should work to raise
the consciousness of our local art museum or similar venue to try to get
them to fund and present just such endeavors. >>

Are you planning on doing the Gum Show (or other alternative-process how)
every year? I think it would be great if it can be an annual event. Currently
the traveling portfolio is reaching only to those who are already doing alt.
process, but the show can show and educate the general public!

Dave S