Re: Ferric Oxalate Solution?

From: Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Date: 12/23/00-09:37:33 PM Z

Sandy,

You need to gently heat the solution to get the FO in solution. Not to much
or you will turn the ferric to ferrous. The solution needs to be shaked,
stired or general agitated off and on for a while. It will go into solution,
it just takes time. Also, a small amount of oxalic acid will help the ferric
go into solution. I have a laboratory magnetic stirrer and it takes about
twenty minutes at room temperature.

Joe Portale