Re: Ferric Oxalate Solution?

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 12/23/00-11:01:00 PM Z

Sandy,

> I heated the solution, but violently in the microwave, maybe up to
> 170F in about a minute. Any way to know if this turned the ferric to
> ferrous? Most of the oxalate, but not all, went into solution after
> the above plus some agitation.

I use a coffee cup warming plate to dissolve FO into water (distilled). In
the amounts you cited it takes about 20 mins. or so with no stiring or
shaking. I also use a narrow neck flask with a shot glass turned upside over
the top of the flask to prevent evaporation while heating.

Hopes this helps,

Don Bryant