Re: re;leaf prints

From: dalrymple (marilyn@rglobal.net)
Date: 12/30/00-09:04:48 AM Z

  The subject heading is 'leaf prints: chlorophylography and photoripeography'. the conversation took place over the first half of 20000. Yes,I would like to know how to do a leaf print. How did you attach the transparency to the leaf? How long did it take to produce the image? Thanks for any help you can offer
                                                                 Birdie

  The leaf prints I am making are done with Rockland Liquid Light Photographic Emulsion.

  They have a web site at:

  http://rockaloid.com/index.html

  First I soak then dry and flatten the leaves (between two boards with newspaper in between until the leaves are dry). The leaves I use are ones that have turned brown--I like the brown tone behind the image.

  Then I coat the leaves with a water based polycrylic finish, let dry, coat with the Liquid Light, then I expose under my enlarger just as I would expose a piece of paper. So far I've only used black and white negatives. I'm not sure how a color negative would do.

  When all done, I coat the leaves again with the polycrylic finish. I make a sheet of hand-made paper, have the leaf attached to that, then mount, matt and frame.

  The process is time consuming, messy and frustrating, but I really like the results.

  Marilyn