Re: Alt-photo-process Monthly Reminder (latest update: Oct 25,1999)

From: mmorrill2 (mmorrill2@uswest.net)
Date: 02/04/00-02:08:44 PM Z

Hi all,

My name Is Mark Morrill. I have been on this list a couple of times over
the last 7 to 10 years, I guess. Any way I do Collotype and I am about
to do some experimenting with using photographic film as a printing
plate but since film needs a support for this process I am looking for
ideas of what to use as the support (glass is the traditional support.)
And what to use to adhere the film to the support. I plan to attempt two
objective.

Number 1 is to coat the film in a drying oven which is avery humid
place. For at least 4 hours at 125 Degrees. Basically this is using the
film as a substrate.

The 125 Degree temerature is a problem for some adhesives and so is the
humidity.

Number 2 just sensitize the film and use its surface as the printing
surface. Still needs a support; and I guess this latter use would
require the use of a non hardening fixer.

The last time I asked if there were any Collotypists out there I got no
response but I guess there are some now, that was 1990 or so.

Mark A. Morrill
A Happy Gummist and Collotypist.