URL's in email

erobkin@uwc.edu
Date: 02/10/00-08:42:42 AM Z

There is a common problem with URL's included in email messages that you
should be aware of.
Email systems truncate long lines and wrap the extra stuff to the next line.
This sometimes means that the last essential bit of a web address is
actually on the line below. That is what happened with Andre's message. It
should end with .jpg and my system ended it sooner with .j. The pg part of
the address that was wrapped to the next line was not included when I
clicked on the address as part of the email message.

The solution is to type in the rest when the error message shows up or
delete the ends until you get a page. Then you can usually see the
navigation links down to where you want to go.

By the way if you truncate the address to

http://www.uni-konstanz.de/FuF/Philo/Philosophie/Fuhrmann/

you see his web page from the Philosophy Department at the University of
Konstanz. I particularly like the short paragraph about argument near the
bottom of the opening screen.

His professional writings look interesting as well.

Your milage and opinions may vary.

ER