Re: Acrylics in Gum Dichromate?

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 08:06:38 /etc/localtime

> >>I just picked up the January 2000 Photo Techniques
> magazine with a reference to acrylic gum prints,

Actually the process described in PT is called gelatin acrylic and
doesn't use gum, and it's worth noting in passing that according to the
author, it works only with acrylic semi-gloss wall paint, not with
acrylic artist paints.

Although once in a while someone suggests using acrylics with gum
prints, I've never heard of any gum printer who actually uses acrylics
or seen a successful example of a gum print made with acrylics. In my
few brief personal experiments with acrylic, both as pigment and as
size, I have found it not to give good results with gum. And besides,
watercolor pigment works so well, why go out of your way to make things
more difficult?

Katharine Thayer