Re: No Photography before 1800?

From: David.Clark@Walsworth.com
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 19:49:10 /etc/localtime

This list has been a fine collegium this week. Two nontechnical discussions and
no threats of violent unsubscribery.

You folks may notice that when things get technical, I am usually on the
listening end.

I think all this talk about sunburns and paleolithic decorations directly
relates to the "Is it Photography or Imaging" discussions. I know a good artist
who refuses to be called a photographer even though he uses a camera. He wants
to be an imagist, and the distinction means a lot to him. The term "imagery" is
not just trendspeak if it implies the locus of the creative act is not primarily
in the camera.

David