Pt/Pd test results - FO culprit

The problem I was having with my lightjet negs for Pt/Pd (some missing
detail in the shadows) turns out to be what I reported last week.  The scale
I was using had low counter weights and the resulting Ferric Oxalate was 23%
and not 27%.

In the part of the testing designed to prove or disprove the fault, I
included of one drop of Potassium Chlorate at 0%, 1%, 2% and 4% on different
prints - I could not distinguish between any of those 4 prints.  Also, a
print was produced with the same faulty (23%) FO as a bench mark and it
appears to be identical to the print that started all my investigations.

Actually, I was disappointed that the PC did not have a noticable effect.
The prints were sensitised with equal parts of PD and FO.  The new FO
rendered rich tones and a very long scale, I was quite pleased.

My next series of test will include changing from a Cold Bath developer to
Pot. Oxalate and including some PT in the mix.  I may even mix some of my
cold bath with the Pot Oxalate in an attempt to render the desired sepia
color.

Many thanks to all who participated and especially to Eric and Jeffrey.

Nick