Re: Selenium

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   Poly Toner is a mixture of Brown toner and Selenium toner. It should
> result in very permanent images but was not specifically discussed in the
> IPI paper.

Thanks Richard -- lordy, do you write this stuff ad hoc ad lib each time,
or do you have a file that spits it out ?? !! Whichever, much appreciated.
I'd read that paper you refer to & some after-commentary, but there was no
way I was going to remember specifics.  My reason for suggesting the
polytoner was simply a hunch that it would tone without the fix, and that
it doesn't have nearly the STINK of the straight brown toner, at least
IME. Nobody talks about that but it's AWFUL.

Meanwhile, while we're on the subject, the books say that barium sulfide
(I think that's the one) has same toning qualities as sodium sulfide
without the stink... I bought some but somehow never tried it. Has anyone
done that?  Also I wonder if thiocarbamide (also with sulfur) would work
with the VDB...????

Judy.