Re: PT/PD DOP developer - to replenish or not

From: John Richardson (jrplatinum@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/02/00-02:24:45 AM Z

Nick:

I am using DOP with Ammonium Citrate developer. A couple of observations:

1. If you are heating your developer, cover your container so that the
water content does not evaporate. Evaporated developer becomes "thick"
and does not flow evenly across the paper, which causes bubbles which do
not develop.

2. When you replenish add 2 parts distilled water and 1 part working
strength developer. I have found that this compensates for the
evaporated water content.

3. Replenishing with just distilled water will work for awhile, but
eventually the developer will become weak. This will result in the
print not developing fully and therefore it will not clear properly.
This may be why you are getting "flat" prints.

4. I don't know about cold bath, but with Ammonium citrate make sure
and develop a full 2 minutes. Also, developer which is too cold gives
me a print which will not clear properly.

E-mail me if I can be of any further help

John Richardson