PH testing

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 06/03/00-07:59:21 AM Z

I'm curious to know what simplistic devices photographers use for measuring
PH. There are frequent references to making sure the PH of a solution is
neutral (7.0) but no one says how they arrive at the estimation. I know
that there are electronic devices for that purpose, but I don't think that
everyone uses one - are the kits for aquariums suitable for this purpose?

Many thanks,

Nick