re: 35 mm Scanners

From: Editor - P.O.V. Image Service (editor@p-o-v-image.com)
Date: 06/06/00-08:04:25 AM Z

Rob Altomonte wrote:

> I am about to buy the new polaroid 35mm scanner that goes up to 4000 pixels
> but was wondering if anyone has the inside scoop on film scanners coming
> soon that will be better and cheaper. I hate investing $1,500 this week only
> to find that nikon will be releasing a better model next week for under a
> grand.

I've had the Polaroid SS 4000 for almost a year now...

Been ecstatically pleased with it..

Would suggest getting the VueScan software for an additional $40 if you are
going to be doing a lot of scans...

You can find it at :

www.hamrick.com.

It will even let you do multi-pass scanning for those dense negs and slides...

And does a much better job of color conversion than does the Insight Software
from Polaroid...

It also has profiles for a host of emulsions that Polaroid's software does
not...

The Polaroid software is ok for general use, but for serious scanning, the
VueScan software is worth the $40..

Keith

--
{       The views expressed in the preceding are those of the        }
{       author, alone, and  are neither the responsibility of,        }