Latest on the Epson 870 and 1270 Photo Print Problems... (without html formatting)

From: Editor - P.O.V. Image Service (editor@p-o-v-image.com)
Date: 06/12/00-08:39:19 AM Z

About two - three weeks back I spoke of a problem some Epson users were
seeing with prints from Epson's new 1270 and 870 Photo printers...

I have avoided posting any further info here until there was something
of true substance to report (as digital printing is really only
ancillary here)..

The latest info still seems to indicate problems with prints made in
high humidity and not "cured" in the dark for several hours, prior to
exposure to significant light...

Further examination seems to reveal the problem to be specific to the
cyan inks in the new printers. As many who have worked with digital
printing may be aware, cyan (along with light magenta, where used) has
been a color particularly noted for its susceptibility to fading when
produced by an ink jet printer...

If you would like to see photomicrographs of test prints illustrating
this problem, hop over to:

 Epson Orange Shift

http://home.cox.rr.com/meyerfamily/orangeshift.htm

Epson is reportedly "hard at work" trying to nail down and resolve this
problem...

I'll be at PC Expo in NYC on the 28th.. Will bother the Epson Reps
there about this...

I also plan on taking test files sized for 4'X6" prints of greyscale,
normal color, saturated color, and duotone "sepia" prints to print from
the Epson and HP color printers capable of doing 13" X 19" prints..
Will include a stepscale with each image and compare them with the
results of my Alps Dye Sub printer... If anyone is interested in the
results I get, please let me know...

Keith

PS - For those who recieved this message as an HTML format post earlier,
I apologize... Had just reinstalled the e-,ail software after adding a
new hard drive and some other upgrades..

--
{       The views expressed in the preceding are those of the        }
{       author, alone, and  are neither the responsibility of,        }