Re: Potassium Chlorate - proper dilution

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 06/20/00-07:48:50 AM Z

Jeffrey, Stan and all,

Jeffrey wrote:
>This resulting amount of PC (using a drop of 16.7%) is far too great and
> will likely harm the paper or image.

Jeffrey, are you saying that the one drop method will produce similar
contrast adjustment through the use of a lesser concentration than that
which is used in the two solution method???

I'm only trying to understand how the chemistry is different - we all seem
to agree that the answer to the quiz is something just greater 16%.
However, you are saying that a solution of .5%-2% will effectively render
the same contrast adjustment and therefore the effective equivalent
concentration (using a 1% norm) is 1/16 of .33%.

Pardon my ignorance.

Many thanks,

Nick