Re: Salted Paper

From: Rod Fleming (rodfleming@sol.co.uk)
Date: 06/23/00-02:14:53 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 07:01
Subject: Re: Salted Paper

 I don't think Kodak
> Rapid Selenium Toner will work

It does, actually, and the result is quite pleasing- I'll send you a
scanned image if you want. I only tried the Kodak stuff because it was on
the shelf, and for the same reasons as you outline I expected that it would
not work, but hey presto, it does. I did use it at the 1:100 dilution as
recommended by Franz here, leaving the print for 12 mins in the toning bath
(which is
a lot more than I'd leave a gelatin silver print).

Maybe the effective dilution of the thiosulphate, now around 1:400, is such
that the bleaching effect disappears; whatever, it works.

Cheers

Rod