Re: Salted Paper

From: Cor Breukel (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 06/26/00-09:29:38 AM Z

Carl Fransman wrote:

> Cor,
>
> are you double coating the albumen or are you double sensitizing?

I double coated the albumen/salt solution (1,5% ammoniumchloride, next
time I think I'll raise that a little bit, obviously also raising the
silvernitrate solution). Thusfar I haven't heard or read about double
coating with the silvernitrate solution. I do not this that is very
helpfull anyway, since the silvernitrate is present (in the paper) in
access. According to Reilly the conversion from silvernitrate to
silverchloride takes also place during exposure, not only during the
sensitising step.

Cor