Re: Scales - weighing your chemicals

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 06/26/00-02:39:04 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:
> ... would be very enlightening if you would divulge the meaning of
> "expensive" and "inexpensive." I"m wondering if I'm behind
> the times -- bought an O'Haus triple beam balance for $100, when $100
> was really $100... and have considered it a "good" scale ever since.

A good choice, as is also the one I am using, an O'Haus Cent-o-gram quad
beam balance (0.01 gram), currently listed in the Edmunds Scientific
catalog for about $160. And I consider these both to be inexpensive and
sufficient for the job at hand. Any electronic digital scale that is
capable of similar accuracy, tare compensation, and reliability will
likely cost more (or much more) than $500, the too expensive category.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/