Re: Salted Paper

From: Rod Fleming (rodfleming@sol.co.uk)
Date: 06/28/00-01:37:33 AM Z

Hi

I've lost the initial message, from Judy, about selenium- Judy, my statement
that the selenium "works" was based on the fact that it toned and
intensified the image, giving a cool chocolate tone. I had expected that it
would stain and all sorts, but it did not. I have tried it both before and
after fixing in 5% hypo w/v, before gave a cooler tone with stronger
shadows, after warmer, weaker. Selenium, the Kodak stuff, was made up 1:100
with working strength HCA.

I have not a clue about the archival quality, I was just trying to get an
image that looked half-way reasonable.

Rod