UV light source

From: Ed Stander (glassact@compuserve.com)
Date: 06/28/00-05:50:46 AM Z

Rod:
  Super Actinic and aquarium bulbs give a very high output between 390-410
nm, making them an excellent source of UV for Platinum, but lousy for some
of the other processes such as gum, which is much more photoactive around
360-380 nm. Each process has its own requirements.
  If you (or anyone else) are interested, I have a set of 4 brand new 40
watt super actinics with electronic ballast that I would love to sell or
trade. I bought them for gum work, but they are not particularly good for
that medium. Hope this helps - Ed.
(glass-act@compuserve.com).