Re: color of VanDyke/Longevity?

From: Gwen Walstrand (gwalstra@lib.drury.edu)
Date: 06/28/00-10:54:00 AM Z

My lament regarding Van Dyke prints not lasting long enough was due to my
own experience with those prints. Some of my early prints have faded and
discolored after about a year of hanging on a wall in my reasonably well
lit living room. This could be due to some mistake I made in processing. At
the time I was using Arches CP #90 and giving them a short, very dilute
bath in selenium toner before the fixing step. Since I switched to
Stonehenge I've seen little or no fading, but it's not been long enough yet
to know for certain.

Also, I've seen VDB prints a colleague made about 20 years ago. He said
they've been in archival storage since made, but they are definitely
fading, especially around the edges.

I'd love to hear that this process might have better longevity. Anyone have
tips for insuring longevity?

Gwen