Re: color of VanDyke/Longevity?

From: Gwen Walstrand (gwalstra@lib.drury.edu)
Date: 06/29/00-10:58:34 AM Z

>No, but I wonder why your colleague's print fades from the edges
>first - was the fade at least accelerated by the matting material? I
>wonder what his "archival storage condition" was.
>
>In addition to toning and "proper" processing, perhaps there are
>other ways to protect the silver. What about coating the paper with
>Renaissance Wax, on both sides? What about coating with a layer of
>gum or gelatin? If not, why?
>
>Sam Wang

Has anyone tried the wax coating or gelatin coating for VDB prints? Does it
enhance longevity or just the surface of the print?

The colleague I mentioned did show me a matted print and pulled it out of a
Light Impressions type acid free clamshell box. Any research out there on
better methods of storing particular types of processes?

Gwen Walstrand