Re: Calibration of Digital Negatives

David,

I assume from your reply that a medium gray from a photoshop file (50%,
level 128) should print at exactly 50% dot area .  Yes, I know this sounds
silly, but I don't know that much about the printing industry.  The reason
that I ask is that the test print which I gave densities for "looks" right.
If I took 30% out of the middle values I fear the print would look quite
anemic.

I intended this to go to the list on Friday, not just to David. (Have to
watch that 'Reply To' feature).

Garet Denise
garet@rmi.net