Re: Help with Van Dyke and Cyanotype

Joel,

The very basic advice is to make a soft internegative with all the
values of the original negatives. Then make the final negative at the
contrast range appropriate for final print medium. Cyanotypes like a
negative a little more contrasty than normal for silver, but VDB wants a
much more contrasty negative, similar to ones meant for Pt/Pd printing.
I find my platinum negatives are too contrasty for cyanotype, but would
probably work in VDB. There are several printed treatments on this
subject and perhaps others will have specific references for you.---Carl

--
Workshop info and an online gallery, at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cweese/