Van: Andre Fuhrmann [mailto:Andre.Fuhrmann@uni-konstanz.de]
Verzonden: dinsdag 7 maart 2000 16:44
Aan: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
Onderwerp: RE: Digital negs and Platinum

>Hello Andre,
>
>I have to agree with you and to dissagree with Carl.
>Last time i ordered 50 sheets of AGFA GO210P (30x40 cm) i had to pay say
>about $200,--
>That is a lot of money for me.
>That was a special price the shop made me. They sold it to me at the price
>AGFA sold it to them.
>They also told me they would not do it again. (they probably thought it
took
>to much of there time)
>And AM Nederland does not sell to persons but ownly to bussines.
>
>I do know AGFA makes other films like N31P i do not know how much that
>costs.
>
>By the way, When i stardet to use the AGFA Go210P (about two monts after i
>bought it)the borders of the film were fogged heavely to about 2 cm!! so i
>cannot use the entire film because i have to cut of the borders.
>Agfa claimes you do not have to store the film cold but a friend who uses
it
>a lot claims otherwise. And AGFA is not going to refund.

Let's flog AGFA a bit!  Their web sites are a mess.  Their "technical data"
sheets are a joke.  They never answer mail.  Their PR efforts leave them
hopelessly behind their competitors.  Its almost as if they really
preferred not to sell photography products.  BUT: Agfa Record Rapid is
still a great paper, APX25 is a superb film, their chemicals are absolutely
reliable, long-lasting and, yes, cheap.  Given their past record I expect
that it won't take long before they stop producing Record Rapid, APX25,
Neutol and, first on the hit list, Rodinal ... arrrgh.

Andre