Neo-Intro and questions?

Hi Alt-Photo-Process People,

I am reintroducing myself. I am Mark A. Morrill.

The processes in which I have been working are Gum, and Collotype.
I have been making Gum prints on fabric (canvas or linen) since 1988.
This has worked rather well and I like the medium enough to continue
to work in Gum, however I have a desire to try something different.

Lately I have been attempting to find a way go directly from a digital
image to an archival support/product. One of the things I have tried at
some considerable expense is to use Xerox color copies on to hot press
90# rag watercolor paper. This did not work out well. Even though the
watercolor paper was hot press it had a texture which prevented good
contact with the drum. So the transfer was incomplete, leaving image
in the hilly areas of the paper texture, and white in the valleys.

Does any one have any paper suggestions?

Another is to use color Xerox transfer paper that is then put into a
300 degree Press with watercolor paper. The result was really bad
with this one the transfer paper would not release from the surface
of the watercolor paper.

I have tried fabric as a support for the image. Canvas had to much
texture. Satin works aright but changes shape when the image cools.

My guess is that transferring to  a smooth finished cotton could work.
But I have one lingering question about the life of the Xerox toner.
Does any one on this list know about the archival or non archival
qualities of photocopier toner?

And finally Is there any one out there that has found ink jet printers
that will take 90# rag watercolor paper? Any suggestions?

I would be very grateful for any help that I could get.

Thank you for reading this. I know it is a bit long,

Mark Morrill