Re: Xerox transfer et al

At 2000/03/09 11:57 AM -0500, Dave Soemarko wrote:
>In a message dated 3/9/00 12:47:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>silh@earthlink.net writes:
>
> > No toners or inks used in inkjets are totally lightfast.
>
>I am wondering about the toners used in color Xerox? Are they basically the
>same thing, or are they more permanent?

Check with the Wilhelm Web page cited in a previous message. He has done
extensive testing on all these materials. But all of this is like asking if
a piece of meat is "tough or tender" - there is so much much variance (even
famous mfrs change their proprietary formulas from time to time) that the
only proof is in the testing of a specific batch. "Dye-sub" actually can be
dyes or pigments: the older materials made with dyes are not lightfast,
while the newer, pigment types are excellent. (I think it was Katherine who
stated that she had found dye-sub to be unsatisfactory! My experience with
pigment dye-sub has been just the opposite.)

<<sil>>
<silh@psa-photo.org>
<webmaster@psa-photo.org>
Sil Horwitz, FPSA